Sunday, August 7, 2011

If a horse dumps you once, do you think theyd do it again?

I know this is a really broad question and theres no way to truly answer it because every situations different and theres lots of things to consider. but just wanted to hear what you guys think. my horse started bucking today and im pretty sure it was from something bothering him either something stung him, pinched hime etc idk. but we had been riding for a while and he was doing fine and he suddenly started bucking. its seemed out of the blue to me but of course i couldve missed some signs. i fell off but instead of running back to the barn he just continued buck for about a min even though i had already came off ( which is why i think something was bothering him). then he stopped and i went and got him, checked and felt all underneath him, checked my tack, walked him a little bit, then got back on and didnt have any more problems. i know horses learn from pressure and release so thats what got me thinking: if they realize by bucking they can get rid of you, do you think theyd do it again? i dont mean in my particular case and again, i know theres not really a solid answer to this question because every situation varies, but just wanted to hear your responses. i dont blame my horse for bucking and i solely believe that a horse is a reflection of the person riding/handling it so i know something went on that I missed that caused him to do that or maybe i did something to cause it without realizing it. so dont bother telling me you think he was just being a brat, barn sour, blahblahblah. i dont wanna hear it. hes a horse and thats all i expect him to be. and dont bother telling me to get a trainer. my horse is my trainer, and this was the first time hes ever done that. im not depending on your answers to figure out why he did it, if he'll do it again, what i shouldve done etc. i just like to hear what different horse people say and how they view things. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment